Over the weekend we released Cucumber version 1.3.0. This was quickly replaced by 1.3.1 when we realised there was a bug 1.3.0 that only appeared on Windows.
Along with masses of bugfixes, this release contains the early stages of some serious internal refactoring work planned for release in version 2.0. Although our tests continue to pass, it may be that we’ve changed untested behaviour so that’s why we’ve bumped the minor release number. We’re already aware of one minor bug that’s been introduced. Please let us know if you find any other issues.
- Faster features, thanks to in-process Aruba. (Aslak HellesÃ¸y)
- Add lib to default load path
(#162 Steve Tooke)
- Add snippet type to support different type of ruby snippets.
(#390 Roel van Dijk)
- Call nested steps using any language keywords (#433 Tomohiko Himura)
- Update WATIR example (#427) Luiz Guilherme D’Abruzzo Pereira
- Ensure that cucumber.yml is only parsed once (#416) Steve Tooke
- Improve rake task report on failure (#400 Andrey Vakarev
- Show details of nested steps in backtraces
(#69) Steve Tooke
- Filter out control characters from CDATA section of JUnit formatter output.
- Fix problem with non-ascii characters in file path
(#150 Oleg Sukhodolsky)
- Fix problem loading ruby files in project root directory
(#269 Steve Tooke)
- Fix JsonPretty formatter problem
(#197 Oleg Sukhodolsky)
- Don’t display multi-line strings when –no-multiline is passed
(#201 David Kowis)
- Moved the profile information output to a callback of the formatter
(#175 David Kowis)
- Fix html formatter to not mark skipped/unimplemented steps as failed
(#337 Oleg Sukhodolsky)
- Allow duplication for format+output pair in command line
(#434 David Lantos)
- Better delegation to IO in Cucumber::Formatter::Interceptor::Pipe
(#312 Oleg Sukhodolsky)
Concerning issue #178 (Support for macros), as my teammates were longing for a macro facility in Cucumber, I created a gem called macros4cuke -available in Rugygems.org- that allows feature file authors to create their own macros/routines.
After this, two remarks come to my mind:
1. Implementing this macro-facility was really easy. No change in Cucumber was required. This illustrates the flexibility in the design of Cucumber. Many thanks.
2 Adding macros wisely, has a tremondous effect on the way scenarios look like: it really helps to decrease the gap between the lower-level housekeeping details and the user intents.
Leave a comment